Last updated 1/23/2019
When you register for the Services, we ask you to provide certain information such as your name and email address and ask you to create a password. We also collect information when you participate in any interactive features of the Services (such as API keys, cryptocurrency exchange digital asset allocations, configuration settings, and user referrals), fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, or any other information you choose to provide to us.
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you and your cryptocurrency portfolios from third parties, including but not limited to cryptocurrency exchange platforms, mailing list providers and publicly-available sources.
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as cryptocurrency exchange balance information, deposits, withdrawals, and trades, and payment notifications.Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
● Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
● Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services, such as to administer your account, and provide you with the services you request, and customize your experience with us. We may also use the information we collect to:
● Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
● Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Benthos and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
● Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
● Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Benthos and others;
● Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
• Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
• Comply with our legal obligations;
• Enforce, or otherwise use in connection with, any terms governing use of our Services; and
● Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
● With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
● In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
● If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Benthos or others;
● With other users of our Services with your consent;
● In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
● Between and among Benthos and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
● With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Benthos is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at [email protected] If you wish to remove your API keys from our Services, you may do so by logging in to your account and removing them. We may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Benthos by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at [email protected] If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a preference available in many web browsers which allows you to inform websites you visit that you do not want them collecting information about you. Benthos does not respond to DNT signals. For further details regarding DNT, visit donottrack.us.